8/8/07

Bonds sets new record

A lot of people are bitching and moaning about Barry Bonds breaking Hank Aaron's record on Tuesday night.
What is the big f'n deal about so called, performance-enhancers? Rockstars have used them... scratch that, Musicians have used them... scratch that, artists as a whole have used so called performance-enhancers for years.

Are we supposed to throw away all our Charlie Parker CDs because he was on performance-enhancers?

Are we supposed to kick Jimi Hendrix out of the Rock and Roll hall of fame because he used performance-enhancers?

Personally I don't dislike Bonds because of the performance-enhancers, rather I can't stand bonds because he is a dick.

Now if you excuse me I am going to listen to some good old fashioned heroin addled jazz music.

1 comment:

Jackson said...

You make a good point, but I think the big deal is that Hank didn't have the same advantage. It's not like Coltrain was using something unavailable to Jazz players who came before him.

Mainly though, like you, I just think he's a Dick, AND I hate Baseball.

Go Jets.