8/6/07

Bobby Bare Jr

All week long I will be devoting my blog to some of my favorite Alt Country artists.

For the past 6 months or so I have been immersing myself BACK into Alt Country.

First of all I hate the term Alt Country, but it's easier to say than, Music that is too rock for country stations and too country for rock stations.

The first artist I want to focus on is, Bobby Bare Jr and the Young Criminal's Starvation League
BBJ, is son of Nashville Legend, Bobby Bare. His most recent CD "The Longest Meow" is great and totally worth owning. Check him out when he comes to a city near you.

One of my favorite songs is, "Come see me in music City" here is sample of the lyrics:

the hills are filled with naked hee haw honeys
who all sing along in perfect harmony
the worlds greatest living guitar pickers
can deliver you a pizza or sell you weed

guitar strings grow on shrubs and maple trees
guitar picks tumble out of gumball machines
record deals fly in and out like happy bumble bees
the cops carry capos
in case you want to change your key
in Nashville, Tennessee
Looking for a new CD to buy? Give Bobby Bare Jr and the Young Criminal's Starvation League a try.

1 comment:

Tony Alva said...

A month or two ago I picked up the Gram Parsons Reprise sessions and have been tuning out to Grievous Angel a great deal. Can't get enough of it...