8/21/07

TMBG - The Else


There are only two types of people when in comes to They Might Be Giants (pictured above... I think): Those who like TMBG, and those who hate TMBG. I define myself as a big fan of the Giants. If you are part of the "haters" You will hate the following post, and most likely make a comment on how TMBG are nothing more than Joke Rock and should never be compared to REAL bands like Creed or Nickleback.

Driving to work today while listening to They Might Be Giants most recent CD, The Else. Very solid. I picked this CD up last month and just realized today how much I have it in the rotation.
I was huge fan in 80's and 90's then something crazy happened when my wife and I started making babies... TMBG started doing kid DVDs and CDs - my kids still listen to "here come the abc's" - other great kid's CDs are, "no" and "Bed Bed Bed".
"The Else" brings TMBG together with the Dust Brothers to create a great listening experience. The song that comes to mind for anyone who liked "Flood", "The Bee of the Bird of the Moth" is like taking a time machine back 15 years.

I'm not going to on and on about this but I will say - if you like good old TMBG - got get "The Else".

Oh yeah, check out their podcast, if you are a podcast geek like me, very cool.

4 comments:

Jackson said...

I've been waiting for another Flood for a long time, very cool.

Mike Lewis said...

it's very solid - I love it. and now my kids have been turned on to records like "NO" and "here come the ABCs" they will listen to any TMBGs.

kid friendly rock!

Tony Alva said...

I knew Jackson would dig this post...

Don't hate TMBG at all myself. Loved their Higgly Town Hero's work.

Jackson said...

Flood and Paul's Boutique are the last truly great records that actually brought popular music somewhere new, maybe add Nothing's Shocking to that list.