8/9/07

Pearl Jam VS AT&T

Pearl Jam is not happy with AT&T.
What do you think? PJ posted See For Yourself on their website today.
This should have never been censored, even if they are bastardizing a great Pink Floyd song.
I'm gonna try to NOT get all political on this blog (that one of the things that killed HUEZINE) - I don't care who you lampoon or mock while on on stage - just don't mess the Floyd songs.

I've never really understood the whole Daughter song - but that is for another time.

Oh yeah, check out the picture of McCready playing a SAVAGE BLITZ 50 2X12 COMBO is pretty cool.

And no I don't work for SAVAGE AMPS, I just like to support local businesses.

3 comments:

Jackson said...

Pearl Jam puzzles me. I guess they made a concious decision to create a 'more selective' audience. 'Ten' was so great, then, uh,..... what?

I bailed on Vedder when he did that song on Mike Watt's record, the one about protecting yourself from the seventies or something like that- I didn't get it. What was he saying about the seventies? Like Floyd, don't fuck with the seventies.

Plus he inducts somebody into the Hall of Fame evry year, and acts like that particular act or artist was THE most important influence on his music.

C'mon Ed, is it the Clash or The Ramones?

Tony Alva said...

Ditto Jackson's thoughts on PJ. I've bought most of their records hoping for some 'Ten' like action and have been disappointed.

Tony Alva said...

I have no idea why anybody censored "GB leave this world alone/find another home".