8/14/07

Van-Halen Announce New tour
With David Lee Roth
Sans Michael Anthony... huh?

I'm sure by now everyone knows Van Halen announced tour plans, but what I did not know is Michael Anthony will not be part of the show as he is currently on tour with The Red Rocker himself.
In Anthony's spot, Eddie's son Wolfgang will be playing bass (pictured).
I don't think the bass parts would be that difficult to learn, it's the background vocals I am concerned about. Michael Anthony's harmonies are what make Van Halen, well Van Halen no matter who they have singing.

I think I would rather see Sammy's tour, at least I know I can drink plenty of Cabo Wabo.

2 comments:

Tony Alva said...

I've stated the same position 1000 times. If Eddie got himself clean, he needs to skip to step eight and make amends with MA so that the guys golden voice will be there when they hit the road. While MA's bass work isn't Geddy Lee like, he's no slouch either. Apparently, Wolfy's only been playing for a year or so. Sounds like a train wreck to me.

Jackson said...

A travesty.

I won't attend.

I give the tour a week before implosion.