10/29/07

Guitar of the Week: 1965 Gretsch 6122 Country Gentleman

1965 was an interesting year...

Popular movies: "Help!", "Othello", "Dr. Zhivago", "The Sound of Music"

Popular songs: "A Hard Day's Night", "Downtown", "Satisfaction", and "King of the Road"

Montreal Canadiens won the Stanley Cup.

I was born, and so was this week's Guitar of the Week...


"1965 Gretsch 6122 Country Gentleman $4500".
Supertron pickup in neck position and a filtertron in bridge. Another cool thing about this axe are the Grover Imperial tuning machines with extra large elephant ear buttons. Gold hardware and original hard shell case make this a great price for such a piece of guitar history.

3 comments:

Jackson said...

And so was I, uh like 42 years ago today.

Happy Birthday Country Gentleman.

Mike Lewis said...

Happy Birthday Sir!

Now wouldn't that make a great gift?

Tony Alva said...

I'll get that...! Let me see here, I think I've got enough here in my pocket... Let me get rid of this bus pass and peice of lint... Okay, I only need $4490 and it's all yours Jackson.