9/21/07

Jim Carrey, the 'Autism Whisperer'

When I first saw the headline to the story, Autism Whisperer, I immediately reached for my mocking guns (I have a conceal carry permit for my mocking guns). Once I read the story I holstered my weapons - I can totally see Jim Carrey relating to a kid with autism or rather a kid with autism relating to Carrey.
The world of Autism is filled with a lot of isolation, separated by moments of complete chaos. For a man who is not the birth father of a child with autism to have that kind of connection is very touching to me. I'm not going to talk any shit about Jenny McCarthy - she is in the public eye and is focusing on my family's cause... So go get em slugger.
My wife could be called an Autism Whisperer - I prefer the title, "Super-Hero".

3 comments:

Tony Alva said...

Super Hero is not good enough...

Cup said...

I just read this news story five minutes ago. My affection for Jim Carrey went up, back to the Eternal Sunshine level.

And, c'mon; don't we all wish we were hanging with Jenny and Jim? I bet they're a fun couple.

Jackson said...

I guess he's ok, for a dirty hippie......