11/14/07

New Feature - Song of the... Just click play


With heavy inspiration from Beth's Mix Tape Friday and TA's, "my favorite songs in the world" (BTW, TA is the person who introduced me to Beth's Blog... Thanks). I would like to introduce to you, the Mother Goldstein - SONG OF THE... JUST CLICK PLAY. I know if I called it, "Song of the Day" I could never live up to such a title.

Anyway, for my debut SONG OF THE... JUST CLICK PLAY Here's Kelly Joe Phelps, "Tight to the Jar"...

I'm taking slide steel lessons from Kelly (via DVD). He is an unbelievable musician. He plays Lap Steel, Banjo, harmonica, and acoustic finger pickin guitar... Oh yeah he sings too. He's not coming to minneapolis anytime soon so attention to all my friends in GA and NY...
12-03-07 (a day before my birthday)Kelly will be playing at Eddie's Attic, in DECATUR, GA. If you happen to be in NYC one week later check out Kelly at Joe's Pub in NEW YORK, NY. Tell him Mother Goldstein sent you.

5 comments:

Jackson said...

Eddie's Attic is so the place for this dude.

Cup said...

I love how we're all spreading the music love!

Since Eddie's Attic is about a mile from mi casa, looks like I'll have to celebrate the Mothering of the Goldstein with Mr. Phelps. Love the track!

Tony Alva said...

WOW! That's a great tune. My kinda stuff. Monday night might be tough, but I'll see if I can make it. Toss another one of your recomendations from him if you can. Which record of his would you pimp to us as a first buy?

Mike Lewis said...

I hate to say it but they are all good.

sling shot professionals

TAP THE RED CANE WHIRLWIND (live)

both are great the debut "lead me on" is great too

Mike Lewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.